Kelli Blogs. It’s almost painful how creative my title is! 😉 In truth after wracking my brain for days this was the best I could come up with. The tag line is subject to change. I think originally it said “this space for rent”. For now it’s serving as a reminder to write.
I’m awful at self promotion and usually when forced to write about myself I write “here I am writing something clever about myself”. I thought I’d spare you that and instead rip off some Q&A’s from a 70’s teen magazine!
In best pop culture junkie form, I present to you my answers to 20 questions posed by Tiger Beat magazine to The Monkees.
1.How would your mother describe you in one word?
2. What is your favorite flower?
Irises or orchids
3. What is the most insane question you’ve ever been asked?
Will you marry me
4. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I don’t think I would, there’s so much involved and then I’d have to remember the new name and remind everyone to call me my new name. Unless I was changing my gender or going on the lam I think I’ll just stick with Kelli, it’s worked fine up to this point.
5. What word in the English Language do you wish you had invented?
Google. I can just close my eyes and imagine the monstrously large check I’d have received and my days spent on the beach without any worries, my financial future secured.
6. What is the first quote that comes to your mind?
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds” – Albert Einstein
7. What animal best describes the kind of girl you’d be interested in?
Tiger came to mind first, although choosing a deadly predator might not be the best option for something long term. Maybe this is one of those questions I should discuss with a therapist.
8. What do you miss about your childhood?
Not having to worry about anything, just enjoying the moment. Being surrounded by my family. I miss my grandparents, my great-grandmother, my uncle… all the people no longer here.
9. In what hour of the day do you function best?
I’m a morning person. Gimme coffee and I’m ready to go!
10. What is the main fault in your character?
No self control; are you going to eat that muffin?
11. If you met the right girl today, would you propose tomorrow?
I could propose we had lunch or meet for coffee. I’m pretty sure the husbandguy would object if I came home one day with a wife. Or not. I should ask him.
12. What was your favorite subject in school?
13. Where would you like to live?
Somewhere near both the mountains and the ocean. Someplace green, with seasons.
14. Describe how you kiss in one word
15. What in the world do you least desire?
16. Why do you think most girls date you?
because I’m fun, see also question 14
17. Who is your favorite historical figure?
I’m supposed to pick someone heroic aren’t I? Like Anne Frank or Gandhi, not someone controversial like John Lennon or JFK. I should certainly not mention that I find really monstrously evil people fascinating like Hitler or Jack the Ripper. Let’s go with Amelia Earhart or FDR. On second thought I’ll choose my great grandmother who had a difficult life but never lost her thirst for adventure and fun,
18. How many times have you fallen in love?
19. What are your favorite names?
Sweetheart, darling, even babe is fine if coming from someone I love.
20. Finish this sentence. “Happiness is a thing called……
Enjoy the blog, I hope you find it amusing, infuriating or at least not a complete waste of the time you spent reading it.