1) Pink Floyd. I’ve tried for decades, I can like a few songs and appreciate them in the abstract, but there will never be a time when it will occur to me to listen to them on my own.
2) Raw Tomatoes. I’ll eat them in nearly any form cooked, or diced into small pieces but a sliced tomato is a slimy, vile, repugnant thing.
3) Classic Star Trek. As a sci-fi geek it pains me to say this but I find the original Star Trek unwatchable. I can appreciate how revolutionary it was, how it invented the genre, how much we owe to it, but it’s just campy and uninteresting to me.
4) The Wizard of Oz. Making a child watch this is child abuse, and given the reaction I received to my Wicked Word Wednesday post about the word ‘wicked’ I am not alone.
5) First person shooter games. I’m a gamer. I play MMO’s and before that I played a lot of Nintendo/Sega Genesis and before that I was an arcade game fiend, but I just can’t get into first person shooters. I’m that hardcore raider who fills out your weekly raid group and knows my stuff, but get me in Halo or Call of Duty and I’m the idiot walking face first into the wall, or grenade or shooting my own player. My nephews love it, they get to pwn the adult. I am an embarrassment.
6) Wine. I’m into my 40’s now with a little bit of expendable income, I’m supposed to like wine. I have no allergy, I like the occasional drink, so what gives?! I just never developed a taste for it. I couldn’t tell the difference between wine from a box and wine from a $90 bottle. I am the swine you lay your pearl wine before.
7) Reality TV. It seems everyone I know or meet has at least one reality TV show they follow. Whether it’s some form of competition or a voyeuristic show about B celebrities or antiques roadshow. I just can’t get into it.